These pages are for philatelic articles and displays by members or close associates of the club. There are two separate galleries, one for the written illustrated articles, and another for exhibition or display pages of stamps, postal history, and other philatelic material.
The “Articles” page is intended to be a gallery of articles, written by members or close associates of the Club, on any philatelic subject that interests them, or in which they specialise, or that may have been written for a philatelic magazine, journal, or other publication. It is also intended to be a repository for illustrated articles which simply summarise facts and other information that people have learned while researching. Ideally, they should be written up in a way that looks like an article you might read in a magazine or journal, and would be interesting to the average philatelist.
The “Displays” page is a gallery that houses exhibition and display sheets. This is for .jpeg images of sheets that have either been entered in club (or other) competitions, or that have been displayed on a club night.
How to get your exhibits onto the website :
- Member prepares an actual, physical, sheet(s) for display, in the normal way
- Member scans the sheet(s) and make a .jpeg file. [If you have no scanning facilities, there are plenty of fellow members who could help]
- If there are several sheets, simply make several .jpeg files
- E-mail the file (or files – may require more than one e-mail, depending on the capacity of your system) with a covering explanatory note to firstname.lastname@example.org (copy and paste into your e-mail address line).
- The webmaster will upload the file to the appropriate part of the website (alternatively, the webmaster will probably be able to perform the scanning for you)
- Gallery is available to all, for viewing